The Cleveland Indians host the 2019 Major League Baseball All-Star Game at Progressive Field. Delaware North, the official food, beverage and retail partner of the Cleveland Indians at Progressive Field, announced a lineup of new items for the MLB All- Star Game. The menu showcases local favorites and ingredients such as Cleveland Kraut, a variety of pierogi and rich sausages.
On June 28, 2019 media were invited to preview the Baseball All-Star Game Food and ask Executive Chef Joshua Ingraham questions. In this short video, we take a quick tour of the All-Star Game food selections.
There were three foods that seemed far from the traditional baseball game hot dogs and Cracker Jack. Chef Ingraham demonstrated 3 of the gluten free, vegetarian options: Harissa Roasted Cauliflower, Sweet n Sour Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Thai Peanut Keto Miracle Noodle Salad. He told of the trend to plant based food as he looks at the future of food.
Next, the Chef showed the Chicken Shawarma, Artisan Gyro, Sliced Sausage Hoagie, Fully Loaded Pierogi, All-Star Rally Reuben with Cleveland Kraut dill pickle kraut, Parmageddon gourmet grilled cheese sandwich from Melt Bar & Grilled and the All-Star Meatloaf sandwich.
There will also be new offerings available in the Terrace Club including the Shrimp Po Boy Taco with Popcorn Shrimp, Spicy Aioli and Micro Cilantro, the Beet Char Siu Pork Ribs with Tangerine Duck Sauce Glaze and the Summer Mason Jar Trifles choice of Shortcake, Key Lime and Mocha.
We asked Delaware North Executive Chef Joshua Ingraham about the eating patterns of attendees. Baseball is a long game so the Chef said people usually start with a drink and have something more substantial later and ice cream is always popular near the end of the game.
In this next video, Delaware North Executive Chef Joshua Ingraham explained why he put plant based foods on the menu.
Finally, we asked Delaware North Executive Chef Joshua Ingraham about the transition from old standards like hot dogs and peanuts to the newer foods. Also about the use of local partners and sources.
New concession items include:
- Chicken Shawarma – tzatziki, cucumber, tomato, red onion, shredded iceberg, crumbled feta, Greek hot sauce wrapped in a pita. Location: 102 Let’s Eat, Cleveland
- Artisan Gyro – beef and lamb, tzatziki, cucumber, tomato, red onion, shredded iceberg, crumbled feta, Greek hot sauce wrapped in a pita. Location: 102 Let’s Eat, Cleveland
- Sliced Sausage Hoagie – ribbon cut sweet Italian, Polish and bratwurst, caramelized cabbage, onions, roasted peppers, provolone in a seeded baguette. Location: 102 Let’s Eat, Cleveland
- Loaded Pierogi – potato and cheese pierogi topped with caramelized cabbage, crispy onions, crumbled bacon, chopped green onion, beer cheese and sour cream. Location: 102 Let’s Eat, Cleveland
- Fully Loaded Pierogi – potato and cheese pierogi with ribbon cut sweet Italian and Polish sausage, bratwurst, caramelized cabbage, onions and roasted peppers. Location: 102 Let’s Eat, Cleveland
- All-Star Rally Reuben – stacked slices of corned beef, topped with Cleveland Kraut dill pickle kraut, Swiss cheese and Thousand Island dressing on a pretzel roll. Location: 113 Cleveland Kraut
- Parmageddon – gourmet grilled cheese sandwich made with a potato & onion pierogi, fresh Napa vodka kraut, grilled onions and sharp cheddar cheese. Location: 113 Melt Bar & Grilled
- All-Star Meatloaf sandwich – tomato teriyaki glazed meatloaf topped with daikon and carrot slaw served on buttered ciabatta. Location: 180 Miller Grill
- Harissa Roasted Cauliflower – cauliflower cooked with a spicy ancho chili paste, scallions, nutritional yeast topped with bleu cheese. Location: 153 Gluten Free
- Sweet n Sour Roasted Brussel Sprouts – Brussel sprouts sautéed in sweet chili and rice wine vinegar with nutritional yeast, toasted cashews and red cabbage. Location: 153 Gluten Free
- Thai Peanut Keto Miracle Noodle Salad – noodles tossed with Hoisin shitake mushrooms, peanut sauce and vegetables. Location: 153 Gluten Free
New Terrace Club items included on the buffet:
- Shrimp Po Boy Taco – Popcorn Shrimp, Spicy Aioli and Micro Cilantro
- Beet Char Siu Pork Ribs – Tangerine Duck Sauce Glaze
- Summer Mason Jar Trifles – Shortcake, Key Lime and Mocha
As the Chef indicated, such a lineup will show the world the diversity and progressive food culture of Cleveland.