Who would have thought that Cleveland would become a food mecca and home to some of the best chefs and restaurants in the world? We would! With almost 120 distinct ethnic groups in Cleveland it was inevitable that the great recipes and techniques that have been passed down for generations would surface.
ClevelandCooks is geared toward:
- Home cooks and wannabe chefs
- People who like to dine out and try new things
- Food industry entrepreneurs
- And more
ClevelandCooks features the best restaurants and chefs in Cleveland and NE Ohio and lists our favorites in a variety of categories (looking for great dim sum anyone?)
- The videos on ClevelandCooks will educate and entertain.
- The tips will help you prepare and enjoy food better.
- The Food Adventurers will let you join like-minded people to enjoy local restaurants together
- And more
Cucumber Raita (Cucumber in Yogurt)
Anjan Ghose, assisted by his wife Kathy, prepared a Cucumber Raita (Cucumber in Yogurt) at an Asian cooking demonstration at the 8th annual Cleveland Asian Festival. The side dish is made with cucumbers, yogurt and spices.
- 2 medium sized cucumbers, peeled and cut into 1/4″ cubes
- 32 oz plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon table salt
- 1/t tablespoon red chile powder
- 1/4 tablespoon ground roasted cumin
Add all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and refrigerate until served.
This Week’s Favorite Video:
Discounts, Coupons, Specials, Events and more. Sign up for the free ClevelandCooks eNews to be the first to learn about these specials.
Did you know: The Chinese dish called ‘Ants climbing trees’ is basically ground beef or pork over fried vermicelli.
Sign up for our free eNews to be kept informed about news, specials and events