beet + veggie drink
Cleveland Cooks™ Review
Let me start with a disclaimer. I do NOT like beets. I know they are healthy but I never could acquire a taste for them. They are bad enough cold but I tried a hot Borscht soup once on vacation and had to run to the restroom.
Given that, I decided to give the Beetology beet + veggie drink a try to get the health benefits of beets.
I chilled it in the refrigerator and shook it well as advised. Then the moment of truth. I liked it! A lot!
The ingredients on the bottle I had listed Beet Juice, Green Apple Juice, Carrot Juice, Kale and Celery. Outside of the green apple juice none of those ingredients sounded appealing to me but the combination was tasty. It didn’t taste like any of the individual ingredients. I guess I could taste a hint of the beets but it wasn’t the taste I had rejected over a lifetime. There seemed to be a slight peppery taste though that was not an ingredient. It just tasted good.
Kayco’s Beetology in 5 varieties: Beet + Lemon + Ginger, Beet + Veggie,
Beet + Tropical Fruit, Beet + Berry, and Beet + Cherry
The bottle said No Concentrate. Made from 100% Fruits and Vegetables. The bottle was 1 serving of 250 mL (or 8.5 ounces). The Nutrition facts on the label listed 90 calories (0 from fat)
The Beetology people say that these sweet, organic, cold-pressed juices are made from nothing but beets and a handful of other 100% natural, good-for-you ingredients like ginger, veggies, and fruit. Beetology has created a delicious way to drink your beets for optimal health benefits. According to many sources, beets may improve your health in the following ways.
- Lower Your Blood PressureDrinking beet juice may help to lower blood pressure in a matter of hours. One study found that drinking one glass of beet juice lowered systolic blood pressure by an average of 4-5 points.3 The benefit likely comes from the naturally occurring nitrates in beets, which are converted into nitric oxide in your body. Nitric oxide, in turn, helps to relax and dilate your blood vessels, improving blood flow and lowering blood pressure.
- Boost Your StaminaIf you need a boost to make it through your next workout, beet juice may again prove valuable. Those who drank beet juice prior to exercise were able to exercise for up to 16 percent longer. The benefit is thought to also be related to nitrates turning into nitric oxide, which may reduce the oxygen cost of low-intensity exercise as well as enhance tolerance to high-intensity exercise.
- Fight InflammationBeets are a unique source of betaine, a nutrient that helps protects cells, proteins, and enzymes from environmental stress. It’s also known to help fight inflammation, protect internal organs, improve vascular risk factors, enhance performance, and likely help prevent numerous chronic diseases.
- Anti-Cancer PropertiesThe powerful phytonutrients that give beets their deep crimson color may help to ward off cancer. Research has shown that beetroot extract reduced multi-organ tumor formations in various animal models when administered in drinking water, for instance, while beetroot extract is also being studied for use in treating human pancreatic, breast, and prostate cancers.
- Rich in Valuable Nutrients and FiberBeets are high in immune-boosting vitamin C, fiber, and essential minerals like potassium (essential for healthy nerve and muscle function) and manganese (which is good for your bones, liver, kidneys, and pancreas). Beets also contain the B vitamin folate, which helps reduce the risk of birth defects.
- Detoxification SupportThe betalin pigments in beets support your body’s detoxification process, which is when broken down toxins are bound to other molecules so they can be excreted from your body. Traditionally, beets are valued for their support in detoxification and helping to purify your blood and your liver.
Beets are also “a goldmine of health-boosting nutrients that you may not get anywhere else,” according to Health.com. And while scientists have yet to find the key to eternal youth, they’ve long known that beets contain antioxidants like lycopene, which boosts the production of collagen – associated with firmer, younger-looking skin.
Consumers can feel good about serving Beetology anytime, anywhere. Every grab-and-go bottle of Beetology is 100% non-GMO, U.S.D.A. Certified Organic, and Certified Fair Trade. Each variety is non-soy, non-dairy, and certified kosher, with no preservatives, additives, artificial colors, or flavors.
Beetology is packaged and shipped in six 8-oz. bottles per case and retails for about $3.99 per bottle. Find Beetology in the refrigerated section at health food, specialty, grocery, and kosher food markets. Or click on one of these links to Beetology on Amazon.